My Holidays In Review

Category: , , , , , ,

Well I'm back after a busy three days visiting my family who live an hour and a half away. I believe I saw the whole crew save two of three people. Whew!

I had a very pleasant surprise shortly after I arrived at my father's house - my 5 year old nephew and 2 year old niece came to have a sleep over! We all opened our Christmas presents and it was so fun to see their reactions :) I was woken up at 5 am by the sounds of my niece and nephew fighting. They shared a blow-up mattress in the same room I was sleeping in and my niece was sleeping with her head on my nephew's pillow. I lay still and listened and tried my best not to burst out laughing. Here's the actual fight:

Nephew: Please get your head off my pillow.
Niece: *mumbles and moans*
Nephew: Why are you so grumpy? Please get your head off my pillow!
Niece: Stoooop!
Nephew: Do you want me to go to your birthday party? If you don't get your head off my pillow I won't go! I asked you - do you want me to go to your birthday party?!
Niece: NO!!
*Nephew starts sobbing*
Niece: Why are you crying?
Nephew: You hurted my feelings! You don't want me at your birthday party! *still sobbing*
Niece: Fine, I'll move over.

I thought I was going to wet myself listening to the two of them go at it LOL They settled back down and we all went back to sleep until 7 am when my father whispered my niece's name. I jumped about 50 feet when I heard her yell "POPPA!!" They both scampered down the stairs and I fell back to sleep until shortly after 11 am when I heard my niece screaming, "Auntie Ne-Nessa! It's time to get up!" Apparently I wasn't getting up as quickly as she would have liked since she screamed it about 20 times. I could hear my step-mother telling her that I would get up when I was ready and my niece telling her that I just wasn't listening LOL!

We spent the rest of the time I was there running errands and visiting various family members. The drive there and back home was nice - the roads were a bit wet but there was no snow or ice to worry about, and the weather was nice sunny for the most part both days that I was traveling.

My handmade beaded ornaments were a hit and I have a few people wanting me to do workshops on them next year so I'm quite pleased with that. I also received my first cheque from one of the shops where I have my jewelry on consignment and was pleased to discover that 5 of my pieces from my first shipment sold. They returned the items that didn't sell so I have to check with the art gallery and see if they will display them and if they don't have the room they will be listed on Fluttering Designs.

I have a lot of great ideas for Fluttering Designs in 2009, but I think I'll save those for another blog post :)

How was YOUR holiday season? What did you do? Please feel free to leave your answers in the comments section :)

Happy 2009!!!

Comment (1)

Sounds like a fantastic trip! I spent time with my family and my hubbies family and tried to avoid the snow and ice :P